Aerial video taken with Mavic Air during our trip to Alta in northern Norway.
We left the camping site at 8:15. During the long way back home we are planning a stop for lunch.
- 11:30-12:00 – Lunch at Juustoporti Kärsämäki.
- 14:40 – Arrived to Uurainen.
- 8:15 – Leaving Alta River Camping, there is around 550 km long journey ahead of us.
- 9:30 – Short stop at waterfall Nieidagorži.
- 10:15-10:45 – Silver gallery in Kautokeino.
- 11:30 – After a bit of shopping we continue to drive south towards Finland.
- 13:30-14:30 – Refreshment in Pallas – National park visitor’s center.
- 17:00-18:00 – Dinner at Pello.
- 19:45 – Arriving to camping in Tornio. After building tents we go to sauna and for a swim in river. It is really hot weather here, it has been much nicer climate in Norway.
Today is a “free” day – we don’t have any group activities. Bit rainy morning but afternoon’s forecast looks promising.
In the afternoon we go for a little hike around the beatiful river Altaelva.
For dinner we had a very good hot-dogs. In the evening boys had a good ride on bicycles.
We are not in hurry in the morning, it is planned to start the trip at 11:30.
- 12:00 – Returning big heap of bottles in the shop – we got those for the scouts to earn a bit money.
- 13:15 – Fetching a group of scouts who stayed overnight in the wilderness. Our bus driver is not very sure if the small bridge can support the bus weight – but it was OK.
- 14:00 – 14:30 – Picnic lunch on the rest-stop beween bridge over the fjord and a tunnel. We had very tasty grilled trouts which our fisherman cauth over the night.
- 15:00 – 17:30 – Bathing in the indoor pool / spa area in the center of Alta.
- 20:00 – 21:30 – Making the dinner – Mexican tortillas and pancakes as a desert. Couple Norwegian scouts came to visit us.
Today morning we have a relaxing time and after lunch a small celebration with a cake – Aino-Mari is 10 years old and small Joel has a name day.
- 13:45 – Starting the trip – first to the outdoor clothes shop in Alta and then we have a plan to make hiking trip to tundra.
- 15:30 – 17:00 – Around 3km hike to lake Gampvannet. It is really beatiful northern nature around the lake, nice sunny weather. We are grilling some sausages and pancakes at the fire pit.
- 19:45 – 20:45 – 3km trip back to bus. Along the path we are admiring big old pine trees.
Today morning we are waking after 8am. We have a adventure trip over the sea bed planned for the afternoon.
- 14:00 – Starting the trip
- 14:20 – 15:45 – Hike to the hill Komsa from where is a nice view to Alta surroundings.
- 16:00 – 16:35 – Shopping food supplies.
- 17:00 – 20:15 – Hike over the narrow sea strip to the small island near Russeluft. The sea has been in a low tide so we could almost cross on dry land. It has been quite an adventure – in some places we had to take the shoes off and wade in the crystal clear water on soft sand with many small shells. On the island we found a good off the wind place and had a snak. But shortly afterwards there came a black cloud, strong wing a rain so we got totally wet on the way back. We also tested that the shoes impregnation is working fine sice we need to cross a few small streams.
- 10:15 – Starting to drive – today’s packing of tents and morning excercises took a bit longer. Weather looks good, clear sky and 21°C.
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Short stop for refreshments at Spåkenes. Afterwards we continue on the beatiful road along fjords with nice view to the snow capped mountains. We have also seen two sea-eagles resting on the shore.
- 14:00 – Short stop with nice views
- 15:15 – 16:30 – Short (asi 1km) but steep hike to the spring of the river. There is a Bubbelen waterfall just a few meters after the water comes off the ground.
- 17:00 – 18:00 – Shopping at the center of Alta. On the small outside market stand I’m buying a very good batch of fresh shrimp.
- 18:30 – Arriving to and finding the accomodation in Alta River Camping. We got a very nice and well equipped small cabin.
- 8:30 – After packing up and a bit morning excercises we are leaving Muonio. Weather looks good, clear sky and 19°C.
- 9:30 – 10:00 – Refreshments at Sannan Putiikki. We had very good doughnuts and time to check souveniers.
- 12:15 – Arriving to Kilpisjärvi
- 13:20 – Starting a hike in Malla Strict Nature Reserve.
- 18:00 – Back at the bus after 10km long hiking in the national park Malla.
- 18:30 – Crossing the Norwegian border and slowing descending to a huge valley. Beatiful views to surrounding mountains and waterfalls.
- 19:30 – Arriving to camp in Sibotn, building tents and cooking soup.